Dates & Time
We welcome volunteers during the entire nesting season every year:
From March, 1st to September, 30th
No minimum duration required: you’re free to stay 2, 7 or 10 days, 2 or 3 weeks, 1 month, etc…
We also offer a long-term volunteer program (2 months or more) for people willing to assist our coordinator or support scientific research.
(If you’re interested, please contact us through the Contact Us Page)
ASTOP is a non-profit organisation. To this end, all fees are used to finance our project and the economic development of our community: funds ensure we can afford to pay our local guides, complete some renovation work, support our host families and a biologist.
– Registration fee: $50 USD/person (for all the stays of 5 days or more)
– Patrol contribution fee: $10 USD/person/patrol
– Accommodation costs: see details below
Volunteers’ House “Casona”: $40 USD/person/night (3 meals included) or $20 USD/person/night (w/o meals); Prices include the registration fee of $50 USD/person for stays of 5 days or less; 1 month package $300 USD/person (includes patrol contribution of $10 USD/person/patrol)
- This dormatory type building has four mixed dorms with four beds in each and is only a few steps away from the beach.
Equipment: running water, electricity, WIFI, locked bedrooms, fans, mosquito nets, washing machine, hammocks, kitchen with fridge, gas stove, coffee machine, and shared bathroom.
Host Family: $30 USD/person/night (3 meals, laundry, and patrol fee $10 USD/person/patrol included)
- This is the best option if you want to immerse yourself totally in the local culture. You will live at the Caribbean pace and share your meals & your everyday life with your host family.
- Please know that the money you’ll spend during your stay will be invested in the local & sustainable development of the community: indeed, money paid for accommodation with a host family is a significant source of income and will allow them to improve their living conditions. For example, families often invest the money earned by completing renovations in their home.
Hotel/Cabinas: $16 USD/person/night (w/o meals; does not include the $10 USD/person/patrol fee)
- There are two high-quality hotels in the village with a breakfast option. For the other meals, the village has four sodas where you’ll be able to have lunch or dinner.
Please have a look at our “F.A.Q.” Page to know what to bring before applying.